10 Sep Safety Tips to Keep in Mind when Driving
Despite the beautiful scenery, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Angola also experience car and truck hijackings. Fortunately for these areas there are fleet tracking companies on hand to assist when vehicles go missing.
For businesses, especially those which transport goods on a daily basis, having access to the best fleet tracking system they can find, will increase the chance of a stolen vehicle being recovered.
BIPTel uses the latest GPS and GSM/GPRS location technology to monitor vehicles and assist with fleet tracking. Losing a vehicle can be a traumatic experience but BIPTel has a high recovery rate and their specialised team of experts keep a close eye on your vehicles even when you are unable to.
Unfortunately, South Africa has a high crime rate and, like the DRC and Angola, the risk of truck and car hijackings are a constant threat viagra online prescription free. This is not a claim to instil fear and spread panic among citizens, but it is a fact and a reality that must be faced. If you don’t have access to a fleet tracking system, there are other precautions you can take to stay safe.
Precautions to take when driving:
- Stay alert, be vigilant and know what is going on around you.
- If you have an electric gate, you should avoid pulling in the driveway until the gate is open.
- Check your driveway and street carefully before leaving your premises.
- Be aware of any suspicious vehicles or people in the immediate vicinity.
- Make sure your driveway is well lit and there are no overgrown trees or bushes where criminals can hide.
- Always make sure that you leave enough space between your car and the car in front of you in case you need to make a speedy getaway.
- Check your rear-view mirror regularly to make sure you are not being followed.
- If you suspect or are worried that you are being followed, change direction and drive to the nearest police station.
What to do if you are involved in a hijacking:
- Try to remain calm.
- Avoid eye contact.
- Don’t make any sudden movements and don’t argue with the hijackers.
- Report the incident to the police as soon as possible.
- Remember, your vehicle can be replaced, your life cannot.
Life is unpredictable and none of us know what will happen in the future. This doesn’t mean we can’t take precautions and extra steps to protect ourselves.
Image credit: www.springsadvertiser.co.za